Friday, January 14, 2011

Makin' it Fun

During family devotions this week I came across an encouraging paragraph from Jerry Bridges in The Practice of Godliness, chapter 9, Joy:  The fruits of joy.  Please let me share this with y'all, as it is so timely and suits my desires so very well!  It perfectly fits my determination to make it fun.

"A second result of joy is that we are strengthened physically, emotionally, spiritually..I have experienced the direct relationship of physical strength to joy in my personal exercise program.  When I am rejoicing in the Lord the strength is there, and the jogging and other exercise go much easier.  If I am discouraged I seem to have no energy at all."

I'm sure we should allow this to carry over into every area of life..like housework.


Pushin' through the pain!
~Pauline~

5 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing...i think that is just what i needed to hear or see this morning...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving you an award tomorrow on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that y'all love to be so encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your support means the world to me. :)